December 2, 2008

Perfect Friend...Where is She Now?

I recently got a sweet blog visit from an anonymous stranger who said that she enjoys reading about my and Perfect Friend's adventures. Other friends and readers have asked about PF, and so it is about time that I provide an update as to her whereabouts and whatabouts.

Our mission to become professional auditioners has apparently served us well. Unfortunately, our grand success has kept us apart for far too long. I don't think we've seen each other for more than a few minutes since she and her hubby picked Dan and me up from the airport back in the first week of November. It seems so long ago that we were reading playing acting games with a Catherine monologue from The Foreigner script in preparation for our first ever "together" audition. While neither of us were cast in The Foreigner (although PF did get a callback ...as some may recall), we both felt a smug sense of satisfaction when we discovered who was cast, and thought "What the....??" I think that is fairly crummy of us, but it did make us feel better.

While I was enduring the waiting to hear if I would be cast in The Hanging of the Greens, PF spontaneously and entirely by her lonesome went to audition for a Christmas musical revue at the Woodbury Community Theater. She was called (on the way home from the audition, of course) and offered a part in the production. Apparently Perfect Friend doesn't have to wait more than 10 minutes to "hear" after an audition. Ironically, and somewhat tragically, our two shows both open tonight. We have realized that neither of us will have a chance to see the other's show, because we will both be performing at the same times over the next two weeks! The thought of that makes me smile as I write. I can't wait until tonight when I will be on stage and imagining PF on stage at the same time singing her perfect little heart out.

1 comments:

deb said...

What wonderful, happy endings (and beginnings) for you and PF. Good luck to you both tonight! Can't wait to see "Greens" in a week!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing