January 21, 2009

My Friends Blogs Sure Come In Handy

One of my dear cast mates from The Hanging of the Greens just blogged (http://katesandvik.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-adventure.html) that she has been cast in the play I auditioned for last night. I am thrilled beyond words for her! She is a young lady of depth far beyond her 15 years and will be absolutely phenomenal in the role. Of course, the fact that she has been notified implies that the play has been cast...and the fact that I haven't gotten that magical phone call implies that I am not among the chosen few. Oh well...I gave it the old college try. It helps to remember something I read about auditioning once...that there are often scads of people auditioning for the same one or two roles, and only one or two of those scads can get the part. Not being cast doesn't mean I suck (although that is always a possibility). It just means that I wasn't what the director was looking for. Of course, it's always nice to get the part.

2 comments:

Kate Sandvik said...

Jessica, you certainly do NOT SUCK!!! You're amazing! Remember that there are always more auditions...and you make me blush.

T. James Belich said...

Agreed! And hopefully the lack of a phone call simply means the director needs longer to cast the part you tried out for. I know that Andrew and Syd also auditioned and as of last night hadn't heard anything either. I have my fingers crossed for all of you!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing